Whale Watching Tour & Whales of Iceland Museum from Reykjavik
Special Tours and Whales of Iceland have joined forces to create this exciting combo tour, providing you with the opportunity to witness these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat and then explore lifelike models that showcase their immense size. The choice is yours: kick off your adventure with a thrilling whale-watching experience or delve into the fascinating world of marine giants at the Whales of Iceland museum.
Embark on a Classic or Express Whale Watching tour with Special Tours, venturing to Faxaflói Bay’s feeding grounds where you’ll encounter humpback whales, minke whales, white-beaked dolphins, and harbour porpoises. Seeing these animals in the water can make it challenging to grasp their true enormity, which is why we recommend a visit to Whales of Iceland, just across the harbor. This is the largest whale museum in Europe, showcasing all 23 species found in Iceland’s vicinity at their actual sizes and offering a wealth of intriguing insights into whales and their history. It’s an educational and awe-inspiring journey that reminds us of the vastness of ocean life in comparison to us humans.
- Whale Watching: Guided boat tour, warm overalls, free WI-FI, café on-board the boat
- Whales of Iceland: Open daily, viewing of the film Sonic Sea at 10:30, 12:15, 14:00, and 15:45 every day, live-guided tours available at 11:00 and 15:00, free audio guide available in 12+ languages, free parking
- Food & drinks are available for purchase on the whale watching tour, and in the café at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition.
- Warm clothes & sturdy shoes for the whale watching tour
- Availability: Daily departures on Whale Watching tours (weather dependent). Guidance in English.
- Availability: Whales of Iceland exhibition is open daily from 10:00-17:00 (closed Dec. 25th). Audio guides available in 12 languages.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation fee of 100% if cancelled 23 hours or less before departure