BusTravel Iceland is an Icelandic tour operator offering guided day tours from Reykjavik as well as transfers to and from the Blue Lagoon and Keflavik International Airport via our trusted partners. Our products and associated services are available through purchase on our website www.bustravel.is, www.bustravel.is/zh/ and any other resellers affiliated to BusTravel Iceland.
BusTravel Iceland reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or timetables without prior notice, should the necessity arise. BusTravel Iceland is not responsible for losses in the event of Force Majeure, such as natural catastrophes, strikes, weather, war or other causes outside of the control of BusTravel Iceland. Such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveler. We advise all customers to have a travel insurance, as they travel at their own responsibility on tours and transfers.
As a customer, you agree to comply with and are legally bound to our Terms and Conditions. It is your personal responsibility to read our Terms and Conditions and inform all the parties of your group about them before joining our tours.
The customer(s) will receive a booking confirmation and a receipt for the purchase of our tour(s). Customer(s) are required to present the receipt on an electronic device or print out when boarding our buses. The customers will also receive a booking number that is required to change or cancel a booking.
Regarding the details of their booking(s) – the number of passengers, contact details, pick-up time and pick-up location – if they did not finish filling out the complete information or filled out incorrectly during their booking process, it is the customers’ responsibility to log in to the customer portal to update the information or contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the updated information. Should the customers fail to update information in the customer portal or contact the Customer Support team in due time, BusTravel Iceland will not accept any liability for losses or mistakes.
BusTravel Iceland offers packages combining several day tours as well as transfers for a reduced price (“Special Offers”). They are only confirmed once manually processed by the booking team who will send by email the individual tickets along with the instructions to the customers.
Departures and Pick up
The pickup time and location are indicated on the voucher provided by our Customer Support team. Any information regarding pick up time and location provided by any of our resellers need to be confirmed with our team at least 24 hours prior to the tour by email at email@example.com.
It is the customers’ responsibility to arrive at the designated pickup location at the exact time indicated on the voucher. Should the customers fail to comply with these conditions, BusTravel Iceland reserves the right to cancel the booking. BusTravel Iceland might in single cases grant a free rescheduling or rebooking to the customer, in those cases no refund, be it full or partial, will be issued.
On board and during the tour
1) It is the customers’ responsibility to behave according to normal social standards towards the other passengers and the staff while on board and outside the bus during the visits. The company reserves the right to refuse or terminate service to any customer without obligation to explain or provide the reason in case of unacceptable behavior (see below cases). Furthermore, the company also holds right to refuse service and any further communication, plus right to communicate with relevant governmental agencies, in any case, pertaining to, but not limited to:
- –Physical, Sexual and Verbal harassment to staff or any fellow traveler
- –Threat, libel or slander of staff or any fellow traveler
- –Physical abuse or harm to others and oneself
- –Discrimination based on skin color, race, gender expression and identity, sex, physical appearance, age, religion, and bigotry
- –Fraud, theft or intention to cheat the company
Please note that any aggressive or discriminatory mode of communication (including phone and emails) will not be entertained and can lead to cancellation of your tour without any notice.
The Icelandic law requires each passenger to fasten their seatbelts while on board. Not complying with the law can lead to expulsion from the bus. Booster seats (for children of the age 4-12) and Children’s Safety Car Seats (for children of 2+ years) are available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers are given a certain time to visit each site – this time is given by the tour guide before exiting the bus at each stop. It is the customers’ responsibility to come back to the bus on time. If the customers fail to comply and are late or missing, BusTravel Iceland reserves the right to continue the tour as scheduled. In such events, the customers will have to find other means of transportation at their own expense. BusTravel Iceland will not provide any partial or full refund for the tour or any transportation used to return to the customers’ accommodation. The customers will have to meet us at our office during opening hours to collect their personal belongings potentially left on the bus.
Iceland is known for its ever-changing weather. It is the customers’ responsibility to check the forecasts prior to the tour and dress accordingly. We always recommend wearing warm, sturdy, wind and waterproof clothes during the tours – all year round in Iceland. All our tours include short or medium walks from the bus to the viewpoints/points of interest. BusTravel Iceland will not provide any equipment or clothes.
No liability is accepted for losses, theft or expenses that should occur on a tour. Such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveler. We advise all customers to have a travel insurance, as they travel at their own responsibility on tours and transfers.
2) Travelling with young children
We reserve the right to restrict children under the age of 8 from joining certain tours, restrictions apply for tours sold on our website (www.bustravel.is) and through partners. Our policy on age restrictions is outlined on these select tours due their unsuitability for young children. Please go to our travelling with young children page for further information and advice.
Please note, when booking a tour, if the option to book a child ticket (2-7 years) is not possible this means that a child under the age of 8 is not permitted on the tour. The company reserves the right to refuse service to any party with a child who is booked onto a tour where young children are not permitted. In cases where a party is booked on a tour where child restrictions apply and service is refused, no refund is possible. Aside from individual tour age restrictions, the company age restriction/s strictly forbid children under the age of 2 years old to join any of our tours.
Cancellation right / right to return and refund
For rescheduling, re-booking and canceling please contact us via e-mail email@example.com and include your booking number.
In case of a cancellation of any tour by BusTravel Iceland (due to unfavorable weather conditions, technical difficulties or else independent of our control), you will be offered to:
- –Either reschedule to another date of your choice (free of charge and provided there is availability).
- –Or rebook to another tour (provided payment of the due amount before the tour if applicable and provided there is availability).
- –Or get a full refund.
Customers joining the Northern Lights tours, including combo tours that contain a Northern Lights itinerary, who do not see the lights due to low visibility are not entitled to a refund however rescheduling to another date on the Classic Northern Lights Bus tour is offered free of charge and subject to availability. The ticket is valid for 3 years from the date of the first tour. If the customers book our “Retry Northern Lights Bus tour”, there is no rescheduling possible when no lights were seen.If the customers joining a Northern Lights tour, including combo tours that contain a Northern Lights itinerary, were a No Show, and the scheduled Northern Lights tour didn’t see lights, rebooking is not possible on the Northern Lights Bus Tours as the cancellation policies differ.
BusTravel Iceland reserves the right to cancel a booking when a tour was open to booking but should not have been available. In that case, the customers would be fully refunded if rescheduling is not possible.
All cancellations from customers should be notified via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to pickup time.
- –If a cancellation request from a customer is received with more than 24-hour notice, a full refund is given.
- –If a cancellation request from a customer is received with less than 24-hour notice or if the customers are a “no-show”, the trip will be charged full price.
- –If a cancellation request from a customer regarding a package consisting of multiple tours (“Special Offer”) is received with less than 24-hour notice prior to the first activity or other booked item time, the whole package will be charged full price.
Multi-Day Tours & Packages
Multi-Day Tours are all scheduled group tours that include accommodation and packages are day tours sold together with accommodation.
All cancellations from customers should be notified via email to email@example.com.
- 100% refund of the tour price, if canceled 7 days or more prior to the starting time of the tour.
- 50% refund of the tour price, if canceled 7 days or less prior to the starting time of the tour.
- No refund is given if canceled 48 hours or less prior to the starting time of the tour.
Our cancellation and refund policy for private tours differs from our scheduled group tours.
Private Day Tours
10% of the tour price is non-refundable.
We require 72 hours notice of cancellation generally. No refunds are offered for cancellations made less than 72 hours before the scheduled start of the tour.
If booking a tailored private day tour or a tour for a large group our refund policy may differ.
Private Multi-day Tours
10% of the tour price is non-refunable.
Due to the nature of multi-day tours, we require at least 4 weeks notice of cancellation.
As a customer of BusTravel Iceland’s product, it is your responsibility to contract a personal health and travel insurance. Iceland is known for its ever changing weather and unforeseen cancellations due to weather can occur with very short notice. This section of our Terms and Conditions aims at presenting cases making it clear whether customers are entitled to a refund or not.
Below is a complete list of cases and how the refund policy would apply:
- –The customer contacts us by email/phone/through the reseller’s platform at least 24 hours before the departure time – full refund.
- –BusTravel Iceland cancels due to too few passengers and the customers cannot reschedule or do not wish to be rebooked with another company – full refund.
- –BusTravel Iceland cancels due to bad weather conditions and the customers cannot reschedule or rebook to another tour – full refund.
- The customers got confirmed a wrong pickup location resulting from BusTravel Iceland’s doing:
- –The customers can reschedule the tour to another day – free rescheduling only.
- –The customers can rebook the tour to another tour the another day – free rebooking only.
- –The customers can’t reschedule or rebook – full refund.
BusTravel Iceland’s customer support team sent the customers the pickup confirmation email and it is confirmed that it was open (answered or not) and the customers were not found at their designated pickup location:
- –The customers can reschedule to another day – free rescheduling only.
- –The customers can rebook to another tour another day (except Northern Lights tours) – the customers will be charged the price difference (if applicable) .
- –The customers can’t reschedule or rebook – no refund.
BusTravel Iceland’s customer support team sent the customers the pickup confirmation email and it is confirmed that it was open (answered or not) and the customers were late at their pickup location, they took a taxi to meet us – no refund of the taxi fees.
The customers booked the tour/transfer starting within more than 3 hours from the landing time, for instance the customers are landing at 06.00 am at Keflavik International Airport and booked our Golden Circle Afternoon tour at 10.30 am. The Customer Support team will ask the customers to send their Flight confirmation:
- –The customers can reschedule to another day – free rescheduling only.
- –The customers can rebook to another tour another day – free rebooking only.
- –The customers can’t reschedule or rebook – no refund as the airline is responsible for granting compensation to their customers.
The customers booked the tour starting within less than 3 hours from the landing time, for instance the customers are landing at 06.00 am at Keflavik International Airport and booked our Grand Golden Circle tour at 08.00 am. BusTravel Iceland’s customer support team will ask the customers to send their Flight confirmation – no refund as it is the customers’ responsibility to book tours allowing them enough time to reach their pickup location and flexibility in case of delays
If the flight is cancelled, the airline is responsible for granting compensation to their customers – no refund.
Sickness/death in the family:
- –The customers send an email overnight and ask to cancel because they got sick or someone back at home died/got sick. The customers can show a doctor’s note/new plane tickets to support their claim – full refund.
- –The customers send an email overnight and ask to cancel because they got sick or someone back at home died/got sick. The customers cannot show a doctor’s note/new plane tickets to support their claim – no refund.
Guests who are unable or unwilling to finish the tour due to their own personal decision or due to unforeseen circumstances such as sickness will be considered as a late cancellation and as such will not be automatically entitled to any refund either in part or in full. Based on availability we may offer the guest to reschedule but this decision is made entirely at the discretion of BusTravel Iceland and will be taken on a case by case basis.
Price and Payment
1) Please note that prices online can change without notice.
The relevant price for a tour booked through our website(s) is always the one displayed to you during checkout when you enter your name and contact details.The official price catalog is always the one that is published in our brochure. For the duration of the validity of the brochure, a customer can request to book for this price. The price on our website(s) can differ from the official price catalog.
All tours and activities must be fully paid before boarding the bus to guarantee your seat. No payment on the bus will be accepted. If your booking requires further payment, it will be processed over the phone by our Customer Support team via credit card details or at our office. Should the due payment be missing, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. Your credit card information as well as your personal contact details are confidential and shall not be shared with any third party without your consent.
2) Special offers and promotional codes.
Please note that limited time only offers such as promotional codes cannot be applied to a booking after purchase has been made such as a retrospective refund. Simply enter the promotional code into the relevant section when booking. If a promotion has an asterisk (*) this means that the offer is valid on BusTravel Iceland day tours only. The asterisk indicates that this offer is not valid on northern lights tours, airport transfers or any products listed in our experiences page. Only one discount is applicable to a booking at one time. Promotional codes are not valid on any of our special offer packages as a discount is already applied to the products.
The seller holds all information from the buyer in relation to the purchase as confidential. Under no circumstances will information be handed to a third party.