Duration: 4 Hours
Meet on location
Got Questions? Contact our agents
On this tour we drive as close as we can to an outlet glacier of Vatnajökull ice cap and then hike through glacier moraines and glacier landscape until we reach the tip of the glacier. There we put on crampons and with an ice axe at hand we go exploring the many fascinating glacier formations up close.
The glacier surface and colour change a lot depending on the time of year. We find different things to explore depending on the season, but one thing never changes; it is always an out of this world experience to walk on a glacier.
Mæting 15 mínútum fyrir brottfarartíma í Freysnesi, sem er við aðalþjóðveginn 320km frá Reykjavík, eða í 5 mínútna akstri frá Skaftafelli.
- We will go to Falljökull glacier on this tour
- Experience walking on a glacier
- Local and fully trained glacier guide
- 4×4 transfer to and from our meeting location
- Crampons and all safety equipment included
- Small group size
- Supporting a small local family company
- This tour is carbon neutralized
What do I need to bring
Hiking boots with ankle support, outdoor clothes, gloves, hat, sunglasses recommended if sunny and a small backpack with some drinks and snacks.
Let us know if you don´t have hiking boots, you can rent boots from us on location for 1.000 ISK