4-hour Glacier hiking tour from Skaftafell
Seeking the pinnacle of glacier adventures? You’re in the right place. Dive into a 4-hour expedition, navigating far from the throngs of tourists, traversing this extreme landscape of crevasses and moraines.
This journey takes us across more challenging landscapes compared to our shorter treks. At times, ropes might be employed for safety. It’s tailored for individuals who are reasonably fit and can confidently cover around 10 km/6 miles on rugged ground.
We explore the outlet glacier Falljökull, famous for its blue ice.
Your journey begins at the Freynes gas station, situated on Route 1 just by the turn off to Skaftafell. We will equip you with all the necessary glacier gear. Following a brief drive by super jeep through the breathtaking vistas of Öræfi, we arrive at the base of Falljökull outlet glacier.
Aided by our trusty ice axes, we climb up the icefall onto the glacier proper. We admire the glacial landscape dotted with cravesses, moulins and more.
- Professional certified glaicer guides
- Super Jeep transfer to hike start point
- Glacier gear including helmet, crampons and more
- Food or drink
- This is a Meet on Location tour. Please meet us at Skaftafell Visitor Center
- Hiking boots with good ankle support needed. Can we rented for ISK 1000
- Wear waterproof outer layers, gloves and hat
- This activity is of moderate difficulty with a minimum age of 14.
- Bring snacks and water