Whale Watching Boat Tour from Akureyri, North Iceland
Akureyri, the capital of North Iceland, sits on Eyjafjörður bay. This seas of this fjörð are renowned for rich marine life, most famously its population of humpback whales. They are drawn here by the abundant supply of fodder, namely plankton and krill. Our Akureyi whale watching tour boasts a 100% successdul sightseeing record in summer, making it one of Iceland´s best locations for tours.
Beside humpbacks, we do frequently see other species such as minke whales, Orcas (or killer whales) northern bottlenose whales. Even blue whales have been known to make a surprise appearence during our tours.
Join this 3 hours adventure by boat from Akureyri harbour as we seek out these noble creatures. Our passionate and experience guides are experts in this arena and we will do our utmost to make sure you witness the natural spectacle. Our boat is fast and comfortbale with indoor and outdoor viewing area, bar and cafe.
Remember, if you aren´t lucky enough to see a whale on your tour, you can try again for free in Akureyri or from Reykjavík
- 3 hour whale watching tour
- Complimentary use of warm overalls and blankets
- Excellent live guidance in English
- Free onboard WiFi access
- Whale guarantee (or try again for free)
- Digital copies of photos by crew (if any)
- Hat and gloves recommended
- The wind can be biting so even if you plan to use the provided coveralls, you should also wear a warm coat>/li>
- Meeting point for the tour is the floating pier Oddeyrarbót 2, next to the cultural centre HOF in Akureyri
- We are at the mercy of the sometimes rough weather and tours can be cancelled or changed at short notice. We will let you know of any changes to your tour status as soon as possible.
- Refunds are not offered in the case of unsuccessful tours. Our costs remain the same. We do however offer a free tour guarantee so you can try again if whales or dolphins are not spotted during your time with us.
Write a review
Share your experience with others.