Northern Lights Boat Cruise from Reykjavik
Witness the magnificent Northern Lights from the sea in the most comfortable way possible aboard our Northern Lights Cruise from Reykjavík. As we are not restricted to any roads like northern lights tours by bus, our sightseeing cruises can cover a totally different area of the night sky when searching for the lights.
Sailing from Reykjavík´s Old Harbour, we leave the capital´s city lights far behind, entering a world of darkness in the frigid seas of the North Atlantic, which serves as the perfect viewing location to see the aurora borealis in Iceland.
The guided language is English, but our app has guidance in 5 languages (English, German, French, Spanish and simplified Chinese).
- 2-3 hour Northern Lights Boat tour
- App with guidance in 5 languages
- Experienced guide on every departure
- Warm overalls
- Heated indoor seating areas
- Free ticket to try again if the lights do not show themselves on your tour
- Toilets, cafe & free WiFi
- Free photos of you with the Northern Lights taken by your guide
- Help with your camera settings
- Food or drink
- Pickup up. Available for an extra fee
- We are at the mercy of both the weather and the aurora condition. We decide each day if we have the correct weather conditions for a successful tour.
- If the forecast is for wind, we might switch to a bus tour instead.
- If the tour is canceled, and it was your first try, you have the following options; Join a Whale Watching tour on another day; Join our Northern Lights Backup Plan - Auroras at Whales of Iceland (plus the chance to reschedule your boat tour); A full refund
- No refund is offered if you join a tour but do not see the northern lights.
Write a review
Share your experience with others.
- ~ 4 hours
- Aug - Apr