Afternoon & Evening Volcano Hiking Tour
The area around previous eruption sites is currently closed.
We offer another exciting hiking tour option:
Our Afternoon and Evening Active Volcano tours from Reykjavík Iceland take you to recent eruption sites of Fagradalsfjall and Meradalir in Geldingalur Valley. You will witness the vast scale of the changes these eruptions have made to the landscape.
The 2021 eruption lasted many months while the 2022 and 2023 eruptions petered out after several weeks. The area is still very active and fascinating, being the place for 3 eruptions within 3 years!
- Mossy-covered lava fields
- Fagradalsfjall Volcano & Meradalir Volcano
- Hike in Geldingadalur Valley
- Drive along Reykjanes Peninsula
- Seltún Hot Springs (we may skip this stop if the hike overruns)