Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon & South Iceland – Day Tour From Reykjavik
Iceland’s South Coast is a true natural beauty, as numerous popular attractions lie along the coastal line. 380 km (236.12 miles) from Reykjavik is the astonishing highlight: Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and its surrounding wonderland, are truly one of a kind.
The sheer force of nature has carved one of the outlet glaciers from the Vatnajokull ice cap, Iceland’s largest and Europe’s most voluminous glacier, and formed Jokulsarlon and Diamond Beach. The beach’s black-velvet-textured sand is scattered with big and small blocks of ice. Coming into existence in the 1970s, the Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and its vicinity became a symbol of Iceland’s pure and ever-changing nature.
We will also make several stops along the way. The hidden gem Stjórnarfoss waterfall, The mysterious Seljalandsfoss – the waterfall you can walk behind; the charming, seafront town Vík, famous for its black sand beach and home to the majestic Reynisdrangar sea stacks.
This 14-hour day tour, our longest, is filled with impressive attractions and picturesque landscapes, making the journey unforgettable. It’s also one of the most praised day tours in Iceland.
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- The Diamond Beach
- Jokulsarlon boat ride (optional extra)
- Fjallsárlón Lagoon
- Stjórnarfoss waterfall
- Vík Village with Reynisdrangar sea stacks photo opportunity
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Professional guide
- Free WiFi on board
- Pickup and drop off (available for additional fee)
- Food and drinks
- Warm, water- and windproof clothing are always useful in Iceland
- All tickets are e-tickets so there is no need to print them out
- A 30 minutes boat ride on the Glacier Lagoon can be purchased from your guide on the bus. Tickets cost ISK 6300 for 13+, ISK 3000 for kids aged 6-12, and free for kids 5 and under
- Food and drinks are not included but can be purchased on the way, there is time allocated for lunch. We will also make a dinner stop, likely in Vík, on the way back to Reykjavík
- The duration of the tour is 14 hours. Please be aware that the tour could run long if affected by bad weather or other delays
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation fee of 100% if cancelled 1 day or less before departure
- 14 hours
- May - Nov